125th Anniversary Celebration
Friday, September 13, 2019
10 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Together we will reflect on our 125-year journey from “College of Mines” to “Mineral Engineering” to the Department of Materials Science & Engineering, and we'll look to the future of the field.
- 10:00 a.m.
- Opening remarks (coffee & refreshments provided)
- Mark Richard, Provost, University of Washington
- Greg Miller, Interim Dean, College of Engineering
- Jihui Yang, Chair, Materials Science & Engineering
- 10:45 a.m.
- Alumni panel: Department Recollections & Evolution facilitated by Tom Stoebe, MSE Professor Emeritus
- 11:45 a.m.
- Lunch (buffet-style provided)
- 1:00 p.m.
- Keynote talks
- Professor Hideo Ohno, President, Tohoku University
- Dr. Greg Hyslop, Chief Technology Officer, The Boeing Company
- 3:00 p.m.
- Industry panel: Future of Materials
- 3:45 p.m.
- Closing remarks
- 4:00 - 5:00 p.m.
- Reception & student poster session