Materials Camp for High School Students
MatCamp is a materials science-based summer day camp for high school students who will be entering their junior or senior year in fall. The camp is free; campers are responsible for their own lunches. As the camp is a day camp, there is no housing provided or available. Admission to this camp is competitive; students will be accepted based on their abilities, motivation, and interests. U.S. citizenship is not required for participation in this camp.
MatCamp 2019 Application Status Update
All application results for the 2019 MatCamp were emailed to the students on April 22, 2019. If you have not received a notification of your status, please check your junk email folder. If you submitted the online application and have not heard anything, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applying to MatCamp
The 2019 MatCamp will be held on July 8-13, 2019. Students must be rising juniors or seniors in fall 2019, AND must also be 16 years old on or before July 8, 2019.
The application deadline for all requested materials is 5:00 p.m. Friday, April 5th, 2019. Please submit the recommendation form(s), your photo, and your grades in the same mailing. Please submit to email@example.com (preferred); or you may submit materials to Sandra Maddox - MatCamp Administrator: Materials Science and Engineering, Box 352120, Seattle, WA 98195-2120. Materials to submit are:
- Completed and submitted online application
- Completed recommendation form - from one or two people
- A copy of your most recent report card or transcript
- A clear headshot
See the 2019 MatCamp Flyer for a good idea of what the camp holds in store. You can also check out other sections of this web site.
- Highlights from the previous year's camp, which include working with Materials Mentors who are practicing engineers from local companies
- A sample camp schedule
- Information for parents
- Directions and transportation to the University of Washington and to the Materials Science and Engineering department
- Department of Materials Science & Engineering, University of Washington
- ASM Materials Education Foundation