We accept applications for autumn quarter only.
You must submit the following items:
- Online Graduate School Application and payment of application fee. Select Materials Science & Engineering (MS – Applied) as the application type. The application should include:
- personal statement
- transcripts (PDF files preferred). (Please note: if you are accepted, you will be required to submit official hard copies of your transcripts.)
- Three letters of recommendation submitted electronically via request through the online application. If you are currently completing your UW BS degree, or completed it within the last year, you are only required to submit one recommendation.
- Optional: GRE scores submitted electronically to the UW using Institution Code 4854. The admissions committee will only review GRE scores if they cannot make a decision based on the required documents. The GRE is recommended if the applicants GPA is below a 3.0.
Additional requirements for international students and non-native English speakers
International students and non-native English speakers must submit the following, in addition to the items above:
- If you do not hold a degree from a U.S. institution, you will be required to demonstrate English proficiency. Read further details regarding English proficiency requirements.
- If offered admission, you will need to provide Financial Ability documentation.