Coronavirus resources for teaching
- Teaching and Grading During the Coronavirus Outbreak (UW Campus Center for Teaching and Learning). This is an excellent, all encompassing resource. Consult the Technology section if you need immediate guidance getting started with Zoom, Panopto, or Canvas. Both videos and text instruction are included.
- College of Engineering Online Learning support page.
- UW IT has been running daily Learning Technologies Workshops and Office Hours. Don't forget to RSVP if you plan on attending a session.
- Zoom help from Zoom.us: Good for help on advanced topics.
- TAs and faculty who want to have more control over their whiteboard experience over Zoom may want to check out a Wacom Tablet.
- Higher quality more consistent audio can be delieved by using a headset with a noice cancelling mic.
Campus coronavirus resources (other than teaching)
- UW Campus COVID-19 Main Reference Page
- Mitigating Impacts to Research Activities due to COVID-19 (UW Office of Research)
- Coping with Stress Related to the Coronavirus Outbreak (UW Counseling Center)
Curriculum development and scheduling
How to Publish Your Course Description in MyPlan
For guidance on how to publicize your course directly to prospective students via MyPlan.
As faculty, you have certain legal obligations to protect student privacy under federal law; to avoid legal trouble, please review your legal obligations.
FERPA in an Nutshell: From the UW Seattle Registrar
Faculty and Staff Guide to FERPA: great one page tip sheet from UW Tacoma.
Faculty Resources on Grading (FROG) site
UW Grade Reporting
Includes UW policies on awarding Incompletes and not issuing grades at the end of the quarter (AKA awarding an "X" for a grade)
Assigning the Appropriate Credit (Office of the Registrar)
For guidance on how much work is expected for independent study/research credit, as well as guidance for new course development
TA evaluation (MSE form)
TA evaluation: end-of-qtr report (Graduate School form)